Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Trial version of Quick OPC Classic 5.1 - can it access the network?

More
10 Aug 2012 14:37 #981 by support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2012 13:23 #980 by Broxi
Perfect !
At least I have to leave a great "Thank You !" for your support. I'm going to let approve and sign the application so the order can be placed asap.
I feel good to buy your product, being sure I will receive proper support next time I have problems with this component. Great Work !
Best Regards

More
10 Aug 2012 12:16 #979 by support
Thank you very much for so good assistance.
This time "again", you should be able to make it work by including code such as

var target = new EasyDAClient();
target.ClientMode.AllowAsynchronousMethod = false;

The error happens because for whatever reason, from VS debugger the initial "advise" calls for async operations succeeds, giving the impression that async operations would work, but the actual call to the OPC async Write then fails, with the error you reported. The setting listed above will prevent the component from using async operations even when the "advise" call succeeds.

More
10 Aug 2012 08:30 #978 by Broxi
Please find attached the Error Messages on that special build

More
10 Aug 2012 08:04 #977 by support
Hello,
if you would be willing to perform a test with special build again, please find the replacement assembly DLL attached to this post. This one is modified to diagnose the occurrence of 0x80040200 error.
OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic.zip
Thank you, and best regards

More
09 Aug 2012 08:43 #972 by Broxi
Hello,
i've just installed the new version and it seems to work now outside the Visual Studio Environment. Running the application from within VS throws an exception, telling that the "SIMATIC OPC Server" did not know the Error-Code dwError=80040200. Executing the EXE directly works.
So i will be able to create a .NET Application but will have trouble debug it. These tests were made with VS 2010. I will give VS 2008 a try and report the results.
Regards

More
08 Aug 2012 19:10 #967 by support
Hello,
the change we have discussed is now implemented, and it is in build 5.12.1333.1, available on the public Web site (www.opclabs.com/Downloads/Quic...). I would appreciate if you can download it and let me know how it works for you. The expected behavior is that Reads and Writes will work (and without any additional coding such as setting flags etc.), but Subscriptions may not.
Best regards

More
03 Aug 2012 12:45 #962 by Broxi
ofc, take your time. Meanwhile i will place an order for a QuickOPC Combo License next days ;-)

More
03 Aug 2012 09:17 #961 by support
I agree with this approach. Please give me several days to prepare a software with a "relaxed" check for callback interfaces, so that the Reads/Writes become possible even when the particular problematic OPC call fails.

More
01 Aug 2012 11:54 #954 by Broxi
Well, currently there are no plans to use Subscriptions. For 1st we need reading Values from WinCC-Servers, so maybe your idea making that asynchronous IO optional may do the trick.
You're right, ASP.NET should not be the problem in this Environment, because the Error also occurs on simple .NET C# Applications.
I will take a look on the suggested interop next days and report the results.
Thanks so far for your support
Regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds