Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

PLC IP Address/OPC

More
20 Jul 2018 07:27 #6533 by support
Replied by support on topic PLC IP Address/OPC
Hello, thank you for your post.

The subject is, however, outside of the scope of this forum. The forum is for the actual OPC communication between some OPC server, and our client QuickOPC product.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 20:32 #6532 by einstein_g
I'm very new to PLCs and therefore, OPC. I have a MicroLogix 1000 (Allen Bradley) PLC, which I'd like to connect to an OPC server (KepserverEX) running on my computer.

To connect to the PLC, it obviously needs an IP address assigned.

Do I need to run a DHCP/BOOTP sofware on my PC? Do I need an Ethernet switch in between the PLC and the PC, or a crossover Ethernet cable to connect the PLC to the computer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds