Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Can Develop OPC XML DA C++ client in Visual Studio 2015?

More
03 Jan 2017 10:53 #4736 by support
Thank you. It appears that there truly are the call stacks captured from the C++ application now. I have forwarded this to a person who has developed the corresponding part, and he will investigate it.

Regarding the .NET application, opcxml.demo.com is incorrect, the URL of the server is opcxml.demo-this.com/XmlDaSampleServer/Service.asmx , (notice the "-this" in the domain name). The way the application ships, it already has the correct URL pre-filled. I hope we are talking about the same application, because there are two for OPC-DA, and only one is equipped for OPC-XML connections. In the Start menu, it is labeled as "Demo Applications (.NET) -> Demo Application (OPC XML-enabled)".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vasanth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2017 07:59 - 03 Jan 2017 08:13 #4735 by Vasanth
Hi,

In .net based demo application its not reproduced since the below exception is handled, and its showing exception "The Operation has timed out"
, please refer .net based demo app threads and callstack.

In case of C++ application no exception is handled, after entering into ReadMultipleItems(&pArgumentsArray) function I am disconnecting internet and it keep hangs there only. refer attached image.
And I also created threads n callstacks for my c++ application, I feel this one is having manged threads.

Please check it and let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks

File Attachment:

File Name: netdemoapp...tack.txt
File Size:18 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ThreadAndC...tack.txt
File Size:21 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jan 2017 08:13 by Vasanth. Reason: missed a point

More
02 Jan 2017 17:19 #4734 by support
We could not reproduce it here.

If it is easy to reproduce on your side, it should hopefully also happen from within a purely .NET application, because it executes the some code anyway. Having it reproduced from a .NET app should make it easier to obtain the stack traces.

Can you reproduce it using the .NET-based Demo application with OPC XML-DA support, which we ship with the product, and when it happens, obtain the thread list and call stacks from that .NET application?

More
02 Jan 2017 13:20 #4733 by Vasanth
It can easily reproducible by disconnecting server (Internet connection) even i am trying the same only.
About, thread list and call stacks are not coming for managed code. I tried multiple ways.

More
02 Jan 2017 13:13 #4732 by support
I need either a scenario that we can reproduce here, or the thread list with call stacks.

More
02 Jan 2017 12:54 #4731 by Vasanth
Hi,

Any help on blocking calls of this below line,

ResultArray.Attach(ClientPtr->ReadMultipleItems(&pArgumentsArray));

Its keep blocking if server is not stable, instead of waiting infinitely can we make non-blocking (timeout after some time) ?

This issue becomes critical for us, Could you please support, We do not have any control once its blocked on above line.

Thanks.

More
27 Dec 2016 14:26 #4728 by support
As far as I can tell, "Relogin attempted too soon" error does not have its origin anywhere in our client code, and probably also not in the Microsoft stack on the client side. It looks like a server-specific error returned by the same server, and I do not know what is causing it. Ask whoever has produced the OPC server.

Best regards

More
26 Dec 2016 09:20 #4717 by Vasanth
Hi,

Whats the below error? How I can resolve this? Any help please.

2016-12-14T0:14:47Z COPCXMLDAClient: readOpcXmlDaTagData: Exception occured OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementations.NetApi.NetApiException: An exception occurred during processing in a NET API OPC Data Access client. The inner exception contains details about the problem. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Relogin attempted too soon

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at OpcXml.Da10.Service.Read(RequestOptions Options, ReadRequestItemList ItemList, ReplyItemList& RItemList, OPCError[]& Errors)

at OpcXml.Da.Server.Read(Item[] items)

at Opc.Da.Server.Read(Item[] items)

at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementations.NetApi.DataAccess.NetApiOpcDaServer.Read(Item[] items, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

More
22 Dec 2016 13:37 #4697 by Vasanth
Okay, Let me try. And you also can reproduce the issue by disconnecting internet while running sample ReadMultipleItems. I am trying the same with sample, since I don't have that luxury to disconnect actual Xml server in production.

More
22 Dec 2016 13:09 #4696 by support
Hmmm... I do not see any managed threads in the file you have sent (they would have to have the managed Id non-zero). Somehow you need to get them.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds