Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

PHP OPC remote server ("Machine not connected")

More
22 Nov 2011 09:05 #643 by Markus
Replied by Markus on topic Re: PHP OPC remote server
Ok, I wait for the new build.
It would be nice if it is done quickly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2011 19:39 #639 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: PHP OPC remote server
Alright. We need to extract more information about what is actually happening. I will improve the code so that when possible, it will return more detailed error code/error message. I will make a new build available, and let you know here - it should be by tomorrow, hopefully.
In future tests, please go back to using ProgID instead of CLSID, as it seems that using CLSID could be misleading us, or showing a different problem.

More
21 Nov 2011 16:43 #634 by Markus
I tried to use the OPC Item Generator which runs with the same user as the Softing client ... same error (as you can see in the attached image). So there is no Problem with the user rights.

More
21 Nov 2011 16:37 #633 by support
This may have to do with how the PHP code is run. I.e. is it hosted in another process (IIS or other Web server) that does not run under your interactive account? If so, what are the user credentials of that process etc.
When you run a regular OPC client, such as Softing, it runs under the currently logged-on user account - and that is easier.
The way to verify this hypothesis would be to simply rewrite the piece of your PHP code into a PHP that can be run from command line, using PHP command-line interpreter (i.e. not as Web page). Then, run your PHP from command line. If it succeeds, the hypothesis is right, and it must be a configuration issue that has to do with processes, user accounts, permissions etc. If it fails, it must be something else.

More
21 Nov 2011 16:26 #632 by Markus
I have tried another Client (Softing OPC Toolbox Demo Client) it works fine.
I tried to use the CLSID and I get another failure: The authentication service is unknown
Any Idea?

More
21 Nov 2011 16:02 #630 by support
The error message could be better (made a note: will make it better in next version). Indeed, you do not have to explicitly connect to the machine.
The error is caused by the fact that the component could not initialize any method for remotely discovering OPC severs on that computer. There are two methods: Remote registry, and OPCEnum, and both are turned on by default, so it would be enough if at least one of them succeeds. Remote registry is not really recommended, it is just a back-up method for certain special cases, so let;'s focus on OPCEnum. This is a service that should be present and running on the machine where the OPC Server resides. It is typically installed with the OPC Server, or it can be installed by using OPC Core Components (from OPC Foundation) (or, we install it with our product too - but that's on client side). In addition, DCOM must be enabled on the remot machine, and the OPCEnum component must be properly configured so that other computers can obtain a list of OPC servers on that machine, or transform server ProgIDs to CLSIDs.
Please check first if OPCEnum service is running on the computer where the OPC Server is. Then, run DCOMCNFG and check if DCOM is enabled. Locate the OPCEnum application, and allow launch and access permissions as necessary.
It is also possible to bypass the usage of OPCEnum if you specify the OPC Server directly using its numerical CLSID: i.e. in place of "BACHMANN.OPCStandardServer.2", you would instead have something like "{9996C49F-AB45-4F9E-93CD-3F203CD5F281}" - but a different value, the one that is the proper CLSID for that server. This is, however, kind of last resort, and may not be much of a value, because the problem could be in DCOM configuration, and if the DCOM configuration is wrong of OPCEnum, it can easily be wrong for the actual OPC Server as well.
BTW, have you tried any other OPC client accessing the OPC server in the same setup (between the same two machines)?

More
21 Nov 2011 15:24 #629 by Markus
Hello!

I'am using Quick OPC COM with PHP 5.3.

I'am trying to read some items from a remote machine. I get alwayas the following error: Machine not connected.
How can I connect to the machine, i couldn't find anything about that in the reference.
Source:
$EasyDAClient = new COM("OPCLabs.EasyDAClient.5.0");
$values = $EasyDAClient->ReadMultipleItemValues("192.168.0.5", "BACHMANN.OPCStandardServer.2", $signals);

Best Regards
Markus

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds