Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

PHP OPC remote server ("Machine not connected")

More
07 Jan 2012 15:36 #739 by support
Replied by support on topic Re: PHP OPC remote server
I have made more tests, in an attempt to reproduce the remaining problem. The tests used two newly installed computers (client side + server side). On the client side, I was using both QuickOPC, and Softing OPC Client. I have tested many different security configurations, and in all cases but one, the results of QuickOPC and Softing OPC Client were the same - i.e. they either both worked fine, or none have worked.
There was one configuration under which the Softing OPC Client was able to enumerate the OPC servers on the remote computer, but QuickOPC not. I have investigated the problem in this case, and fixed it in QuickOPC. It is not precisely equal to your situation, however, because it only affected the browsing for OPC servers, but not the actual connection to the remote OPC server. Due to the code logic, however, I can foresee that it actually could be the same thing you are experiencing.
When you get a chance, can you please download the recent build from our Web site (5.12.1205 or later), and retest?
Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2011 17:55 #736 by support
Thanks again for the information. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem currently, with the latest version sent. I will try to set up a different, separate environment for it. This will be after January 2, though.
Best regards

More
23 Dec 2011 14:30 #735 by Markus
Replied by Markus on topic Re: PHP OPC remote server
call security is unchecked
Use custom security is checked
I restartd the whole Computer.
You can find the trace attached.

More
23 Dec 2011 14:20 #734 by support
Just to be absolutely sure:
Start the "EasyOPC Options" utility, and on the System Parameters tab, uncheck the box for "Module Parameters -> COM security -> Turn off call security" (i.e. this time, turn this setting off), and press OK.
The "Use custom security" box should be checked (on).
And make sure the EasyOPC process is restarted.
Many thanks

More
23 Dec 2011 13:56 #733 by Markus
Doesn't work at all.
I attached the trace, seems to be the same problem.

More
23 Dec 2011 13:13 #732 by support
Dear Sir,
thank you very much for the new information and the analyzer trace. I have reviewed the errors contained in the trace file. I suggest that you (once again) download and try the very recent of the software (this time it is 5.12.523.1 or later). This is not "shooting in the dark" - in fact we have recently had very similar issue reported by another customer, and there is a supposed fix contained in this latest version.
Best regards

More
23 Dec 2011 09:07 #731 by Markus
I had a little time to test. Here is the result:
At first I tried to read directly without the analyzer. The demo client said that there is not enough memory.
Then I took the analyzer and the Answer of the Demo client was "Access Denied".
You can see the trace attached.
regards
Markus

More
06 Dec 2011 07:44 #688 by Markus
I'm sorry I didn't answer. I had much to do and the Project is not longer priority one.
I'll repost if I tested some more.

More
05 Dec 2011 16:49 #686 by support
If this has not helped, please do this:
Run the DCOMCNFG utility (on Windows 7, just press the Start menu button, and type DCOMCFG into the box; may be different on other systems, let me know if you need help). From the Console Root, select Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer. Right-click on "My Computer" and select Properties. In the dialog, select the Default Properties tab, and change the Default Authentication Level to None (the Default Impersonation Level should be Identify).
Hope this helps.

More
24 Nov 2011 18:04 #661 by support
Thank you. This is indeed helpful. Please do the following:
Start the "EasyOPC Options" utility, and on the System Parameters tab, check the box for "Module Parameters -> COM security -> Turn off call security" (i.e. turn this setting on), and press OK. Make sure that the EasyOPC process is shut down so that it gets a chance to pick up this new setting, and then perform your test again. Hopefully it will resolve the problem. If not, even if the symptoms do not change, please grab another trace using the Analyzer and post it again.
Best regards,

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds