Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC Connection between Dynamics NAV and OPC server fails with a service

More
14 Aug 2016 11:50 #4296 by support
"Interactive User" is usually sub-optimal setting, because it requires A) somebody be logged in, B) make sure it is the right person , because C) the calling client must have permissions to (launch and) access a server running under that account as well. But, if that works well for you, it is probably not the cause of the problem.

When you say "The service connects to the NAV database (with same user account like above) ", do you mean that

a) the same user account is used to access the NAV database,

or

b) the service runs under the same user account?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2016 09:44 #4294 by shaeuser
Yes, the OPC server is on a computer different from the client.

After my information the OPC server has the option set to "Interactive User". How is the correct configuration if the transfer is handled by an service account?

Well the service account logs in with the same user, with that I could transfer the data manually with success.

More
05 Aug 2016 19:14 #4292 by support
This error is returned to us by COM/DCOM infrastructure. Some possible reasons are network errors, server failures, or DCOM misconfiguration.

Is the OPC server on a computer different from the client?

How is the OPC server configured in DCOMCNFG with regard to user account - is it Interactive User, Launching User, or a specific account?

More
05 Aug 2016 12:45 #4291 by shaeuser
Hello together,

I'm using MS Dynamics NAV2009 as an OPC client. Some information of sales orders should be transferred to and received from OPC server.

The connection has been configured successfully´, so that data could be transferred via "WriteItemValue" and read via "ReadItemValue" as long as I start the transfer manually through a function within Dynamics NAV. That works wonderfully.

But in practice the communication should be handled by a NAS-service. The service connects to the NAV database (with same user account like above) in background and starts the transfer in certain intervals. After that I get an error protocol within NAV:
“The call to member ReadItemValue failed. OpcLabs.EasyOpcRaw.DataAccess.RawEasyDAClient returned the following message:
The RPC-server is unavailable.”

Does somebody have an idea about this problem?

Thanks a lot,
Simon

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds