Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

The type initializer for ...EasyDAClient threw an exception

More
14 Mar 2016 11:47 #3924 by support
Thank you very much.

I have tried to reproduce this today. I have used:

- Windows 7 Enterprise (x64, English)
- Office Professional Plus 2013 with SP1 (English)
- QuickOPC 5.35.442.1
- Wireshark 2.0.2 (Win64) with pcap

I can confirm that Wireshark installs Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) - 12.0.30501.
But, I was unable to reproduce the problem. My test application in Microsoft Access was working after Wireshark installation correctly.

Still, what you reported sounds possible. QuickOPC 5.35 indeed uses Visual C++ 2013 internally, and some kind of collision cannot be ruled out. I will continue looking into the issue a bit more, and if I find something, will report it here.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alexf
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Feb 2016 11:21 #3884 by alexf
I have used the most recent version from the download site.

After I installed Wireshark, I had the version 12.0.30501.0 (X64) installed from the VC++ redistributable.

More
24 Feb 2016 08:53 #3883 by support
Oh great. Sorry that we have not reacted earlier. I am glad that you have found a solution yourself; it would be difficult for us to figure this out remotely anyway.

BTW, which version of QuickOPC are you using? I am asking because in recent versions, we attempt to "invisibly" bundle such redistributables with our assemblies, so theoretically it should not happen. And I would therefore like to know whether it is because you have an older version, or because this bundling still cannot overcome such conflicting installs.

Thank you

• alexf
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Feb 2016 07:55 #3882 by alexf
Ok, solution found!

I had installed the Wireshark package. With it came the Visual Studio C++ 2013 Redistributable package that caused this issue.

I uninstalled the OPC client, installed Wireshark and installed the OPC Client again.

• alexf
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Feb 2016 14:05 #3881 by alexf
Hello community!

It is me again. After testing an Access solution for some days I am having a problem today. When I open the access data base, a form is opened and in the form_load event I create my opc client.

The opcClient is defined module variable via
Private WithEvents opcClient As EasyDAClient

In the Form_Load event i initialize the opcClient via
Set opcClient = New EasyDAClient. But since today it throws an exception

Runtime error 80131534
The type initializer for 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess.EasyDAClient' threw an exception.

I tried the VBS scripts from the example folder. Those scripts are running.
Do you have any idea that could influence the behavior in Microsoft Access?
Thank you for your help.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds