Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Browse doesn't retrieve all nodes with same browse name

More
14 Nov 2014 16:08 #2521 by support
Dear Sir,

QuickOPC 5.32 Beta is now available here: cdn.opclabs.com/files/downloads/QuickOpc/5.32/QuickOPC-5.32.exe .
Parts like documentation/help, and examples, are not finished yet.

Please have a look, however, at the "What's New" document (a link to it is installed to the Start menu with the product), in order to understand the changes made.

I specifically recommend that you uninstall any previous version before installing the QuickOPC 5.32 Beta. The reason for it is that version 5.32 no longer installs the runtime assemblies into GAC by default. Simply reinstalling the previous version with 5.32 would keep the old assemblies in the GAC, which would then become a rich source of various confusions. Uninstalling the previous version should remove the old assemblies from the GAC.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2014 08:02 #2486 by antor
Thanks! Yes, please. I'd be happy to test the BETA soon as possible.

More
05 Nov 2014 07:52 #2485 by support
We already have a Beta of version 5.32. The code is basically finished, but due to nature of the key changes in this version (COM tools support for OPC UA), there is a lot of new examples, documentation, and testing to be done.

The change that is subject of this topic is independent of the above, and is fully completed. If you need, we can give you access to the Beta in coming weeks.

Best regards

More
04 Nov 2014 14:23 #2479 by antor
I understand, but we need it as soon as possible. No later than december. Otherwise we'll need to look for other libraries.

More
01 Oct 2014 06:34 #2362 by support
Release of version 5.32 is planned for November or December 2014.

The change itself is not very big, so theoretically it can be made "simply" into a new build of the current version 5.31. The problem is that we have a general policy where the features and APIs remain the same for the same version number, and we make new builds inside the same version only for bug fixes and very small functionality improvements - I think that makes a lot of sense to the customers.

But this particular change also requires a change in the API (use of plain Collection instead of KeyedCollection), and therefore may represent a breaking change for customers who are already using version 5.31.

What is your schedule and what are your expectations in this matter please?

More
30 Sep 2014 11:33 - 30 Sep 2014 11:34 #2360 by antor
QuickOPC 5.31.

It will be fixed in QuickOPC 5.32, as stated above, so when is that release planned?
Last edit: 30 Sep 2014 11:34 by antor. Reason: question mark

More
30 Sep 2014 08:35 #2358 by support
Before I answer your question - are you using QuickOPC 5.2x, or 5.3x please?

More
30 Sep 2014 05:35 #2357 by antor
When is this release planned?

More
26 Sep 2014 05:17 #2343 by support
You are right. In some cases (such as for Properties, or as a part of an ObjectType), the OPC UA specification prescribes that the browse names are unique; but in general case, they are not required to be unique. To me that's kind of unlucky point in the spec, because it kind of defeats the purpose of having "names" in the first place. In OPC "Classic", for example, the names ("short item IDs") must be unique.

In our past tests, we have not met with a server that would return non-unique names, and I think it was a contributing factor in deciding to use the KeyedCollection<,>.
And, it has not caused problems so far. But based on your finding, we will change this to a simple Collection<>, which will contain all occurrences of non-unique browse names. This change will go into the upcoming QuickOPC version 5.32.
The following user(s) said Thank You: antor

More
25 Sep 2014 12:38 #2342 by antor
I've tested against two different manufacturers with similar setup:
- Unified Automation (www.unified-automation.com/)
and
- Open OPC UA (www.openopcua.org/)

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds