Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OpcBrowseDialog Bug

More
09 Sep 2014 11:29 #2255 by LuisGar
Replied by LuisGar on topic OpcBrowseDialog Bug
I already download the new version, tested and everything looks great now.

Thanks for the fast response

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2014 10:23 #2254 by support
Replied by support on topic OpcBrowseDialog Bug
This problem should now be fixed in QuickOPC 5.23 build 1371.1, download from: www.opclabs.com/products/quickopc/downloads/download-2/form/6-quickopc-5-2x-download-form .

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: LuisGar

More
08 Sep 2014 08:04 #2238 by support
We will fix it in version 5.23. I will inform you through the forum when it is ready. Estimated: Tomorrow.

More
08 Sep 2014 06:06 #2237 by LuisGar
I have a license for VS2010, and it doesn't support .NET Framework 4.5+, so for the moment I have to stay with 5.23

More
07 Sep 2014 15:39 #2234 by support
No need for further steps on your side. I have prepared a setup close to yours (the OPC server on local and remote machine, but with different items in them). And, I was able to reproduce the problem, with QuickOPC version 5.23.

Further investigation shows that this issue is fixed in the current version (5.31); it exists in 5.30 still.

Easiest way to resolve it would be to switch 5.31. Do you have a reason to stay with 5.23? (such as that you cannot use .NET Framework 4.5+ ?).

More
05 Sep 2014 13:00 #2231 by LuisGar
yes, that is exactly the problem, but my test environment is not so clear. I will prepare a better test for Monday and I will show exactly what I mean.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Regards

More
05 Sep 2014 12:48 - 05 Sep 2014 12:49 #2230 by support
I am not sure if I understand your reply correctly. I will try to formulate it myself and ask you for confirmation.

Are you now saying that the problem is not

"... when I try to find the OPCServer located in a remote machine, it shows the OPCServer's that are installed in my own computer, as they were in the remote machine, and cannot see the Server in the remote machine."

as you originally wrote, but instead:

When I select a server from a remote machine that happens to have the same name (identification) as the server on my local machine, I receive nodes coming from the local server, and not from the remote server.

Because these two problems are different, and the document you provided does not show the nodes inside the servers.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2014 12:49 by support.

More
05 Sep 2014 12:42 #2229 by LuisGar
I could understand what you mean, but unfortunately the OPC servers have the same names in both machines, since we are still in testing phase, but I could realize the problem because one of the Servers in the remote machine doesnt contain any nodes, while the local one has already defined some OPC items,

if I search the nodes in the remote machine, I will find the nodes from the Local machine, that is why i realize that is showing the servers from the local machine when searching the servers in the remote machine,

More
05 Sep 2014 12:33 #2228 by support
Dear Sir,

thank you for the details. I think I can understand now what is happening. It is not, however, precisely what you think. The servers are not from the local machine; they are from the remote machine, but are filtered each time in a different way. Let me explain.

You are comparing the behavior of OpcBrowseDialog component in your project with the behavior of OpcServerDialog component in our demo app. Both these components have a ServerFamilies setting in their inputs. This property allows the developer to specify whether he/she is interested in OPC Data Access servers, OPC Alarms&Events servers, or both. Note that our "Kit Server", which is installed with the product, is both an OPC-DA and an OPC-A&E Server, and thus appears properly as one "server" in each family.

Both these components have the default value of ServerFamilies set to "All".

The EasyOPC.NET Demo Application currently only shows how to work with OPC Data Access servers, and therefore it would be more logical if were only showing the OPC-DA servers. You can call it a bug: the demo application uses the default ("All") for ServerFamilies with its OpcServerDialog, and that's why it shows all servers on every machine, including the "OPC Labs Kit Event Server", which is an OPC-A&E Server that ideally should not be displayed.

In your application, you have probably kept the ServerFamilies of the OpcBrowseDialog at its default ("All"), and therefore you would expect to see the same set of servers (both OPC-DA and OPC-A&E). At first I was surprised as well and though that it was a bug in the OpcBrowseDialog. After some more investigation, however, I have found that this is by design. And, although it is not truly documented, it is quite a logical behavior. Here is what happens:

In the OpcBrowseDialog, there is one more thing that comes to play, and it the type of node you actually want to select. This is given by Mode.SelectElementType, and defaults to DANode, meaning that you want to select a node (item) that resides in an OPC-DA Server. For this reason, the code in the dialog intelligently decides not to show any OPC-A&E Servers, because it would make no sense to browse for OPC-DA items in an OPC-A&E server. The ServerFamilies can get "restricted" by the SelectElementType. In some cases (such as when SelectElementType == Server), the ServerFamilies are left untouched, but in most other cases they get restricted by the final type of node you are selecting. Therefore, in your case, you do not see the "OPC Labs Kit Event Server" locally or on the remote machine, because it is an OPC-A&E Server - but is installed on both, that's practically for sure.

I hope it is clear now.

More
05 Sep 2014 05:32 #2223 by LuisGar
I try to select the machine from the network nodes, and look for the opc server that are installed on it.

If I select another computer that does not have any OPC server installed, doesnt show anything, not even the local servers.

I attached a file where you can find the steps that I followed when I try to search the remote OPC servers, and also if I use the DEMO Application NET provided, there I can see correctly the servers in the remote machine

Regards
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds